Monday, January 09, 2006

 
I constantly feel like life is slipping out of my hands, like grains of sand. I wanted to bask in the warmth of its yellow summer sun, but the stars keep falling, the earth keeps moving, the world is continually escaping me. Life is perpetually evading me. I wanted to feel the burn of its glaring heat, I wanted to preserve the rays of sunlight that splashed against the afternoons of our lives like waves crashing against the body of a million grains of sand, but the moments of life I wanted to hold in my hand, are the grains of sand forever fleeting.

Comments:
I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand-
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep–while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

-- Poe

Let life happen to you. Believe me: life is in the right, always.

Live your questions now, and perhaps even without knowing it, you will live along some distant day into your answers.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?